Statements and Advisories
By continuing to use this site (www.gidep.org), you agree to the following:
You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.
The following is taken from Chapter 1 (Section 1.11) of the GIDEP Operations Manual .
Information distributed by GIDEP may contain technical data whose export is restricted by Arms Export Act (Title 22, USC Sec. 2751 Et Seq) or Exec utive Order 12470. GIDEP information is provided to GIDEP participants and user s on a privileged basis for dissemination and utilization within their organizat ions. Distribution is not authorized outside of the participant's organization. All materials distributed by GIDEP are government furnished materials (GFM) an d must be controlled as such. Current materials must be returned to the GIDEP O perations Center, P. O. Box 8000, Corona, CA, 92878-8000 upon request. A curren t list of materials is available from the GIDEP Operations Center.
GIDEP materials or documents may not be released to the news media , in whole or in part, without the approval of the GIDEP Program Manager and the submitting organization. GIDEP materials or documents may not be released to g overnments, organizations or corporations outside the United States of America a nd Canada except in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement appr oved by the supporting agency, the U. S. Department of State, the Department of Defense and the GIDEP Program Manager.
GIDEP participants use the documents and information distributed b y GIDEP, exercising prudent judgment as to the accuracy of the data, statements, diagrams and conclusions. GIDEP does not verify the accuracy or applicability of the information, nor does the Program Office in any way assume any liability for the accuracy or timeliness of the information. The timeliness of the inform ation is dependant on the submitter providing information as soon they get it. G IDEP Representatives are encouraged to contact the submitter of the information if they are concerned with its applicability, accuracy of the contents, statemen ts or conclusions drawn in the document or, to determine if there may be unstate d conditions or assumptions made during the preparation of the document.
Distribution beyond participant's organization must comply with GIDEP's Distribution policy or be approved by the originator of the data.[back to top]
Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
- This is a World Wide Web site for official information about the Government-Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP). It is provided as a public service by the Department of Defense Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO). The purpose is to provide information about GIDEP to the general public.
- All information on this site is public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming.
- Cookie Disclaimer: GIDEP's public web site does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
- Information Collected from E-Mail: If you identify yourself by sending an E-mail containing personal information: You may volunteer to provide us personally identifying information, for example your mailing address, in an electronic mail message. Before you do so, you should know that the material you submit may be seen by various people. Also, e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive or includes personal information, you may want to omit this information from the correspondence. Information collected in this manner may be used for responding to requests for information as well as other authorized purposes.
- Information Collected from GIDEP Application: Applicants applying for GIDEP membership are required to supply their name, official e-mail address, company name, address, phone, authorizing official information, etc. Before you do so, you should know that the material you submit is collected in a database and may be seen by various people such as internal GIDEP personnel, the GIDEP Help Desk, and the appropriate GIDEP representative and/or the Canadian liason (Canadian applicants only).
- Disclaimer for Hypertext Links: GIDEP is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages that are referenced by or that reference GIDEP's Home Page. The user specifically acknowledges that GIDEP is not responsible for any defamatory, offensive, misleading or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
Links from the GIDEP Home Page on the World Wide Web to other sites, or from other sites to the GIDEP Home Page, do not constitute an endorsement by GIDEP. These links are for convenience only. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
- Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government.
Terms and Conditions
GIDEP information is provided on a privileged basis. GIDEP members must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Limit dissemination and utilization of GIDEP information to their immediate organization's employees and/or other registered GIDEP members.
- Safeguard GIDEP data in accordance with the Security and Technology Transfer regulations of the U. S. and Canadian Governments.
- Obtain permission from the document originator or the GIDEP Program Manager prior to releasing GIDEP information to non-members.
- Control access to the GIDEP WEB database.
- Return GIDEP materials if membership is terminated.
- Designate a GIDEP Representative and persons that will be using the GIDEP database.
- Establish in-house procedures for utilization of GIDEP.
- Support and promote the GIDEP mission.
- Submit documents for inclusion in the GIDEP database.
- Submit a Utilization Report at least once annually.
- Follow policies and procedures as indicated in GIDEP Operations Manual.
Information Security Policy
Purpose: To make known general Information Systems (IS) security guidelines for accessing GIDEP information via the internet to U. S. Government IS resources.
Scope: These procedures set forth the basic security protocol for signing-on, signing-off and general use of the host computer system. These security guidelines are based on security policy set forth in DoD Instruction 8510.01. Access to GIDEP information is controlled through a series of good operating practices and privileged passwords assigned to authorized users. Misuse of passwords and the access obtained by their usage can result in denial of further GIDEP usage and possible penalties under 18 USC 1905 and other applicable statutory regulations.
Password Control: The GIDEP representative for each participating activity will submit a GIDEP Online Application form for each new user to the GIDEP Operations Center. The GIDEP Operations Center will issue a temporary password for each new user. This password must be changed by the user before accessing the GIDEP database. The password should be changed at three to six month intervals, but no longer than six months, or anytime actual or suspected compromise of the password has occurred. When the user resigns, has been terminated, transfers, or has no further authorized use for his/her passwords, immediately notify the GIDEP Operations Center Help Desk.
- Do NOT share your password. You are responsible for all activity initiated under your password.
- Do NOT leave the computer unattended when logged on to GIDEP. Terminate web access when a session is completed.
- Report suspected tampering or security violations to the company security personnel and the GIDEP Operations Center. Stop processing data until the system can be checked.
Data Management: Do not process classified information. Protect all GIDEP information (hard copy and electronic media) from unauthorized disclosure. If in doubt about proper security procedures, please contact your security manager and/or the GIDEP Operations Center for further assistance or information.[back to top]